Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Products I Regret Buying Tag

Hello lovlies! Over the years I began my makeup collection and it has definitely blossomed. I found some products that I will be using forever, and some products that I wish I never bought. And this is what this post is for. I've always wanted to do this tag, so I'm very excited to make this post! Here are products I regret buying.


Overall Swatches
From left to right: Nyx eye/eyebrow pencil in white pearl; Nyx liquid crystal liner in crystal onyx; Benefit erase paste in no.1 fair; Mac cremeblende blush in so sweet, so easy; Mac studio finish concealer in NW20; covergirl nature luxe gloss blam in marble

Nyx Eye/Eyebrow Pencil

I bought this eye pencil in 918 white pearl after reading that white eyeliner will brighten your eyes. When I swatched this in store, and as you can see in the first photo, it looks very pigmented and bright and promising. Being convinced by the color and liking the few-buck-price, I bought it. When I tried to apply it, however, none of it showed up. It was like I wasn't even wearing eyeliner. I seem to have lost it, but I bought the same pencil in a light brown and that did not show up either. I love my nyx jumbo eyeshadow pencils, but they need to work on the eyeliner.

Nyx Crystal Liquid Liner

I bought this quite recently on a stop to Harmon's in the shade Crystal Onyx. It seemed like it would work well and I didn't think I would have any problems with it, so I purchased it. Unfortunately, it is very liquidy. It is not very black at all nor was it opaque. It was quite transparent actually. I learned that the only way to make this work was to first put on normal black eyeliner on the top lid and than put this over it. I wasn't crazy about this product at all.

Benefit Erase Paste

You may have noticed that my first two items were bought in a carefree manner, but those products were somewhat inexpensive. Normally when I am interested in a product, I do a lot of research to make sure I will get the bang for my buck. For this third product, I did my research. I really, really thought it would work. Unfortunately, it didn't.
Benefit's erase paste appears really creamy in the bottle. However, I found when I applied it that it wasn't as creamy and that it felt kind of dry. I did not like that at all. Also, it broke me out. I should've known this could do that since I have sensitive skin, but it broke me out so much that I refuse to use this anymore. $26 down the drain. Do. Not. Buy. if you have sensitive skin.

MAC Cremeblend Blush


When I bought this blush, I was so, so excited. I found this at a CCO and was thrilled since I had missed it during the MAC in Lillyland collection. Unfortunately, it was not what I expected. I heard a lot of raves about the cremeblend blushes, and I'm not sure if there was just a problem with this one or maybe it was old, but I just don't like it. It's very drying whereas "cremeblend" makes you think of a nice creamy blush. I could barely even get a swatch of this because it was so dry. Would not recommend.

MAC Studio Finish Concealer


This product is very similar to my last one. I did my research for it, everyone loved it, it is MAC, and it is meant to be a creamy product. And, of course, like the former product, it is very, very dry. I couldn't even use this because it was so dry and wouldn't apply properly. I tried using various brushes and my fingers and nothing would work. I give this product an F.

CoverGirl Nature Luxe Gloss Balm

This was a product I also picked up at Harmon's along with the nature luxe foundation, which I just would like to say I absolutely love and I hope they make it forever. The gloss balm, however, is nothing to go crazy for. I bought this in 255 Marble thinking it would give me a nice flush of color on my lips. Unfortunately, this is just a greasy glossy mess. The color barely shows up, and if you try to layer on some more to get more color, you just get extra grease. This is not a product I reach for and I wish I never bought it.

Well, those are my products I regret buying! I hope I can save someone a few bucks from one of these disasters. What products do you regret buying?

xoxo Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment